With its delightful use of whimsical rhyming and lush illustrations Is Your Mama A Llama? has fast moved up on the mini-Infidel favorite reading list until its perilously close to threatening to oust our top contender, Walter The Farting Dog. We're all about the rhythm and the rhyme, yo.
This book dares to ask, "Who's Yo Mama?" as we meet a variety of offspring describing the physical attributes of their mothers. It got me to thinking- if someone were to ask my Melody, 'who's your mama?' how exactly would she respond? I mentally went through the checklist:
1. She's a mammal
2. She's excessively furry. (Photographic Evidence)
3. She lives in a zoo. (When Papi's around its more like a petting zoo. :)
4. She keeps her distance because she spits a lot every time she opens her mouth to talk.
5. She carries people on her back. (I've given more piggyback rides than you could shake a canned ham at)
6. Her teeth are weird and yellowish.
7. She knows The Llama Song by heart.
By all deductive reasoning I'm afraid that Melody would conclude that, yes indeed, her mama just might be a llama. Fine. And no, my name is not Tina.