Sunday, March 26, 2006

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow


O'Henry Striking A Pose

It's only been one day and we miss you terribly Miss Biotech Goddess. We hope that you've arrived safely in England and that you'll enjoy the Mad Scientist Convention. If your collective of inventive geniuses demonstrate a breakthrough in cloning technology, I shall like you to bring me a cloned version of myself. Wouldn't it be fun if everyone had their very own stunt double for those precarious everyday lifestyle situations?

Oh, and lest you worry about O'Henry, we plan on tending to him this afternoon right after Church. I've mastered a new dance to entertain him to the melodic sounds of 'Dare' by Gorillaz Inc. If that fails then I'm not above using catnip to gain feline trust and affection.

Don't stress! Just remember that you only have 5 days in the den of lions before you break free and head for a well deserved reward of relaxation and picture taking in Bulgaria. I still want some souvenirs, and my heart is set upon a pin up poster of Prince Charles to hang above my bed. Something about those ears really does it for me. Until we meet again, my friend.


7 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My friend abandoned me for parts unknown(well to me anyway). miss biotech is forfeiting her blogging comment responsibilities, and her flickr pictures for almost a month. Crap, now who am I going to whine and complain to? Will you be her stand-in carrot, and don't forget the Jell-O? I prefer lemon with a dollop of Cool Whip.

White Man Retarded said...

My wife and I had four cats in our marriage so far. The first was a Persian, and whenever it pooped, I had to cut the fur from around its butt, and it would fight me tooth and nail (literally), and if I didn't cut the poop away it would have ass-dreads. We gave it to Heather's mom when our first born came around because the cat got jealous. Then, in the Army, we got another kitten which our first-born (from here on out known as G)named icing. G develops emotional attachments to our cats. When we moved to Houston, we lived in an upstairs apartment behind a forest, and one day we left the door open and Icing escaped forever. Every now and then I would see Icing in the woods from our balcony and shoot at it with a bb gun. Then We had a black kitten G named Fudge. Fun cat, but one tragic night we found Fudge in a pool of blood in the street in front of our house. Now, we have Snowball, again named from G. Snowball is actually a dog in the form of a cat. Snowball will pounce on you begging for attention and a brief stroking. Snowball one time meowed at our bedroom door at 3:30 in the morning until wife got up and let the cat in and then had to pet it until the cat shut up. I love cats...such strange and strong personalities...

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Okay patrick, my one true weakness is poop stories and your kitty cat tale had me laughing out loud particularly the genteel description of 'ass dreads'. Low brow at its finest!

Papi detests cats, I identify myself as more of a cat person too, but in the spirit of marital compromise we have a dog. miss biotech prefers dogs too but O'Henry is highly amusing and she loves him alot.

Mimo- JenK said...

Have fun Miss Biotech Goddess! You've left O'Henry in good hands. Infidel,post pictures of him on catnip for us!

elasticwaistbandlady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oh NOOOOO, if anyone stumbled across the previous message before removal, a thousand pardons. Anyway, I was telling mimo that I can't take photographs because miss biotech maintains exclusive rights to her kitty cat. Originally I wrote another word and forgot to add the cat part, think of the burlesque group that sings, 'Don't Cha'. Talk about your Freudian slips. I'm going to wash off my filthy typing hands for that dirty comment.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

For the deleted comment, you'll have to refer to my other blog, you know, the dirty one.

'Ass Dreads' is the most amusing term I've heard in awhile, I'm just biding my time, waiting for a conversation to come up where I can drop that beauty in. Hopefully Patrick hasn't copyrighted it.

We baited O'Henry with his poor mutilated mouse toy but he seemed more interested in Monkey's dress tie that trails down the back. He kept attacking her relentlessly, thus making us giggle. He also rolled over on his back which was also a funny sight given his girth.

Have a safe trip to Sofia. Eat something yummy(like spotted dick) and think of me working in the humidity and the rain. Bon Voyage my comrade!