Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Trophy Wife


A vision of loveliness
With assistance from a trusty pack of 83 cent iron-on letters, I made this little beauty of a T-shirt proclaming to the World that my husband is older than me and that I'm truly smoking hot. The Trophy in my hand was a little something given to me by the Soccer Mom Association in recognition of my 'Sparkly Princess' skills. Of course, what suburban cutie pie like myself would be complete without a marabou tiara and scepter? I wear this ensemble often just in case my Papi forgets how lucky he is to be married to a Trophy Wife.

Sadly, I did NOT win any prizes with my custom designed shirt at our Church Halloween Party. Obviously the result of being blackballed by a panel of women jealous of my unspeakable beauty. You see, being a fabulous Trophy Wife isn't always as easy as it looks, but it's a cross that I must bear. Please look beyond my supermodel exterior and see what an amazing person I am on the inside as well. I beg of you, don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Oh yeah, I'm working on World Peace and I love puppy dogs too.

7 comments:

Mimo- JenK said...

You are gorgeous! Worthy of such an honorable trophy. Is that trophy wearing a dress?
I need me a shirt like that. Do you take orders?

White Man Retarded said...

Hey, is that the Klein chapel near the Klein High School? It looks like that chapel which is where I went to a lot of youth dances.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Hey mimo, I think Mormon Family Man ripped this idea off from me but whatever. Yes, you can order some Ward Beauty Queen stuff from him in a variety of colors. I especially like the thong. Maybe I'll get a free one for pimping his merchandise.
http://www.cafepress.com/endofthemonth/1162776

Yeah, my trophy figure is actually the patron saint of Sparkly Princesses everywhere. We turn to her in times of hair crises, glitter explosions, or wardrobe malfunctions. Of course, she's dressed for the occasion with her own custom designed pink gown(by me) and matching tiara too.

Patrick, yeah it's the one. Did you tag some walls or anything that I can look for the mark of 'Patrick was here'? or would yours be the one that says, 'For a good time call Patrick'?

Gia said...

Tiaras & sceptres are underused accessories. I'm thrilled to see that you are bringing them back into the mainstream. ;P

wendela said...

That little princess behind you looks a bit miffed- must be jealous of your beauty, poise and cool trophy. You should have won!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

WENDELA!!! I've been concerned about you knowing the stressful situation you've been fighting the past few days.

The difference between me and that little girl is the mere fact that I am a new and improved Sparkly Princess while she is just a regular, run-of-the-mill Princess. Don't fret for her, she's young and she'll have other opportunities to shine provided I'm not there diverting adoration from her.

gia, wearing a crown as I clean the odious family throne with my other scepter that has super-scrubby bristles, just makes life a little bit more 'special'.

Anonymous said...

ACTUALLY I THINK THAT HE IS A TROPHY HUSBAND...........YES YOU TWO WORK WELL TOGETHER YER DAD