1. Our Internet connection has been all wonky since we have new construction going on all around our house.2. Sunday marked my Papi's birthday! I bought him all new shirts for school in varying shades of green because he looks sexy in that color. Then again, we all know that green has a long standing reputation as the horny color. Right? That's why eating green M&M's makes you a dirty skank. In school, I pretended that I didn't eat the green M&M's to avoid the shaming of my peers, but then I put them in my pocket and ate them later ala Napoleon Dynamite and his Tater Tots. That's the real reason we had six kids in seven years. Too many green M&M's consumed in my adolescence. I also serenaded Papi with our special song, "Freak Like Me." What? Were you expecting something staid like "Because You Loved Me?", or "I Will Always Love You?" or the craptastic, "Love Will Keep Us Together?" No Way! Tender ballads suck! I changed the words to Freak Like Me just for Papi too. When Adina sings, "I need a ROUGHNECK brother that can satisfy me", I sing, "I need a REDNECK brother." Papi has long since ditched his preppy Mexican ways and now opts instead for country music, big belt buckles, and wearing cowboy boots. He's my Mexican Redneck! Happy Birthday Papi!
3. Homeschool Book Club is back in session. Customary to our "wait til the very last minute and then suffer major FREAK OUT!" bad habit, we spent a large portion of the past few days finishing this book. It's a sequel to the popular movie/book, "HOLES." We gave it a "MEH" rating. Not too bad, but not too good either. "HOLES" was definitely a better read.
4. Caterpillar resumed her dancing classes last month along with her siblings Buster and Monkey who have decided to try their hand at Tae Kwon Do. My oldest daughter, Sunbum, is playing football this season. Yes. Football. Flag football to be more specific. Sunbum is the only girl, but she's damn good! At her practices nobody gets by her without suffering at least one flag being ripped away. NOBODY! I think the boys are a bit intimidated by her if not downright scared. Awesome. Her first game is on Saturday, pictures to follow.
5. My class had the dreaded Sharing Time presentation in Junior Primary on Sunday. I loathe speaking in front of people, even little kids, but thanks to Papi this lesson was a rousing success. Well, at least more successful than the other Sharing Times I've had to do. He made this magical little oven as seen here, complete with a trick compartment in it. Papi lined everything with metallic silver so that it actually looked like the inside of an oven. So, when I put the pan of gloppy mess into it from our "recipe for faith" lesson, I then magically drew out a tray of perfectly shaped cookies(thanks Kroger's!) from the secret panel. David Copperfield has nothing on my Papi. Well, except for maybe the love of a hot German supermodel, adoring fans around the world, and millions of dollars, but whatever. I also made cute little chef hats out of cardboard and plastic grocery bags. Mine said Chef Infidel, of course! If any of you ever need, want, or desire a magical cardboard oven, I got your hook up right here.
6. There ain't nothin going on but the rent, baby! I still have to work everyday of my young life. I've only had 4 days off in over two years. *sigh* Where's Ed McMahon when I really need him?
7. The goofball dancing practice for the Homeschool Talent Show continues! I wanted to add flaming hula hoops to it to ensure victory, but the kids refused to jump through them. Wussy children!
8. I bathed our noble beast, Reagan, over the weekend.
9. Went swimming. Burned my boobs again.
10. Got into a fight with an unreasonable co-worker who thinks the whole world is persecuting him because of the color of his skin. Name calling and threats ensued. Wheeee!
11. Spent time pining over the loss of Internet communication with all of you, because my name is Elastic, and I'm a bloggeraholic!