Wednesday, October 01, 2008

You know that whole "Time And Season" lecture we hear so often? This is really not my Time or my Season for blogging. I initially closed comments on my last post because the blogger guilt I suffer through when I can't reciprocate comment love is destroying me. That may be a bit melodramatic, but it's steeped in truth.

Things aren't all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows everything at La Casa de Infidel. Well, unless you count the sunshine streaming in from the many exposed holes in our roof after Hurricane Ike.

I had to go crawling back to my old job last week. I'm grateful for the employment but that doesn't make me any less stressed or tired from returning to the grueling daily work grind. Sad.

The three youngest mini-Infidels are about to get acquainted with the "WE TEACH STATE TEST TAKING SKILLS ONLY" public school system after years of homeschooling. More sad.

Blogging will have to drop to the bottom of my very long list of priorities and responsibilities. Seriously, my list rivals the length of an unfurled roll of toilet paper. Saddest of all.

Thanks for all the super clever comments. Millie Chicken confided in me that the commenters she reads here are existing on a diet chock full of fun witticisms and that you're a cut above most blog respondents. Yeah, she really did say that! There's no generic "LOL!" comments going on here.

During our long bout without power I read comments via my cell phone and blogged using a line hooked up to our neighbor's generator. We only got 1-2 hours a day but at least it was enough to feel connected with the rest of the world. You have no idea how happy reading comments made me during the tedium of nearly 10 days without electricity or a job to go to.

Later,
The Smiling Infidel