Thursday, January 05, 2006

Children Are A Blessing (I repeat this to myself often when they are being naughty little heathens)

When you have a tre's crapp'e kind of day, cute kid quotes come in handy. Some are my own kids, others are from Primary classes.

Lilah age 5- "No, I never brush my teeth. I just eat a lot of peppermints".

Melody age 3- She had a chocolate candy in each hand and was walking towards her brother so I asked her if she was going to share. She said, " Yes, me share with myself". (This made her Grandma proud. Her mantra is, 'Never share Chocolate')

Me: Okay, you little animals it's time to be quiet and get to work on the lesson.
Sampson age 9: We're not animals, we're homosapiens.
Henry age 8: I'm not. I'm a HOBO.
Me: That's right Henry, you are a HOBOsapien.

Brandon age 9 says to me: Wow, you have sideburns just like Elvis!

When asked to name one of the ten commandments:
Alyssa age 4 said, "Always wash your hands when you tinkle".

Monkey drew a stick figure picture of me, her Mom, and showed Elizabeth age 4 who told her, "No, No you have to draw her MUCH BIGGER than that".

Sunbum age 10: What's the name of Robin Hood's girlfriend? It was Maiden something. Maiden, Maiden.....
Buster age 8: China! Maiden China!

Caterpillar age 6: Mom, did you know, losers are winners and winners are losers!
(I think she was trying to tell me the old Winners never quit and Quitters never win line)

We took Buster age 4 to the Galleria, he had a speech impediment and couldn't pronounce his L's. So, he looked upon a giant American flag that had been hung up over the glass elevators and said, "Mommy, look at that BIG FAG".

1 comment:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

YAY for me, someone posted on my blog!!!! And not just anyone but the almighty biotech goddess, no less.