Friday, January 20, 2006

Gosh, Some People Are So Easily Offended.....

Okay, admittedly I'm not blessed with social grace. You know how as teenagers you feel awkward and self conscious? I'm a 31 year old woman who has never grown out of that gawkiness stage. I thought that periodically I would showcase some of the asinine things that I have done and said for your personal amusement.

At Church, our former Primary President is also a schoolteacher. I'm in awe of how meticulous and organized she is. However, she is also a strict by-the-book kind of person and left no wiggle room for um, some "creative" teaching and discipline methods that I used with my class of 10 year olds.

I took to referring to her as a Triple Combination (not to her face though, of course). Sour, Dour, with the Power To Glower. So, Mrs. T.C. is as pinch faced and wrinkle nosed as an individual can get. My daughters call it the, "who farted?" face. Her family and especially her husband are so very easy going and smiley though. I guess proof that opposites DO attract.

Well, when she was released as Primary President I tried to joke with her in the hallway at Church. I said, "Now that you aren't going to be President anymore, are you going to miss people rolling out the red carpet for you, and singing, ( at this point I started humming, 'Hail To The Chief'')". My musical interlude only went on for a few bars when I noticed Mrs. T.C.'s face get even meaner and red. It was then that I realized that I was NOT humming, 'Hail To The Chief', but instead was humming, 'The Death March'. I never noticed how similar they sound. Oh, horror of horrors. The people milling about in the halls just stopped and stared. I quickly made my exit to the Relief Society room on the right. Since that fateful day, Mrs. T.C. has not spoken a word to me. Maybe she just doesn't appreciate my delightfully obnoxious personality. In all fairness though, she does get along with other people, just not me.

Bonnie Raitt once sang, "I can't make you love me, if you don't". Oh, Bonnie, truer words were never spoken!

2 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oh, WOW! Someone said I had a 'witty' sense of humor. Now, here's where I break into song.

I feel WITTY, oh so WITTY, I feel WITTY, and gritty, and ggggaaaaaayyyyy.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

You know how when you're in imminent danger your body manufactures endorphins and they call it the fight or flight response? That's what happned to me, I was horrified. However, my misguided singing did seal the deal and now we don't have to pretend to like each other and exchange bland, hollow pleasantries. AMEN!

I think she's grumpy because of her control freak nature and maybe she needs to remove that big stick from her____.

Sorry to hear that you are ailing. I tried to call you but you refuse to answer your telefono. I guess I'm persona non grata with you too. Eh tu, miss biotech?