Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Festivities Continue


This is our Ambassador/Spokesperson for National Poop Week. Monkey won because of her timeless quote: "Poop is good, I do it every day". That, and the sash also fit her just right.

People have mentioned that perhaps we could be better stewards with our time than celebrating little known holidays. To them I say, PSHAW! This, my friend, is creative expression at it's finest. I'm sure I can make it work out as an art credit for her homeschooling curriculum.

We have featured some stories borrowed and new, but none old and blue. Today, that will be rectified.

My Science teacher in 8th grade Middle School was a little odd. The lady resembled Big Bird due in part to her large beaky nose, long neck, multiple chins, and a rotund body shape. She lived alone with her copious amounts of cats. That tells you all you need to know right there about strangeness. So, she wore some very offbeat, funky outfits and her accessories were always garish and tacky. Her favorite necklace/bracelet set that she wore frequently looked like brown stone chunks under a glossy veneer that was then linked together to make jewelry. We covered the different eras of the Earth and fossils when during the lesson she suddenly said, "Oh, did you know that THIS(holding up her bracelet) is real fossilized dinosaur poop?". GAW, what can be said about a woman who wears dinosaur poop as a fashion statement? I'm willing to guess that she will never make any best dressed lists, and would probably get a wincing smack from Mr.Blackwell's cane if ever they encounter one another.

4 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Yeah, but where will I find dinosaur poop? Hey, next time you have to clean out O'Henry's litter box let me know. Maybe, we can play around with his caca, shape it into jewelry pieces, then market it, and sell it as dinosaur poop.

I think we may have a new business venture miss biotech. I got the brains you got the looks, let's make lots of money. WHOOP WHOOP!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I have a few Vegan friends that have poop just lying around. Might as well be Earth friendly and put it to good use for a good cause(padding our bank accounts)!

I asked Papi for some dangly poop earrings for Valentine's Day, but I don't want to get my hopes up, he's disappointed me before.

Emily said...

Kudos for honoring National Poop Week. Miss Poop should be very proud.

I know people who have a big hard mound of something in their front yard and they swear it is fossilized dinosaur poop. Nasty? Or scientific?

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Emily, I propose that you remove it right away and have it appraised by an authorized poop dealer.

You may have just won the poopy lottery and untold riches and fortune are sure to follow. How I envy you.