Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My New Hobby: Crushing People's Happiness

I regret to inform all of you that I am the anti-thesis of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows everything. I will suck all the joy out of a total stranger's life and burst their bubble too.

Our refrigerator that's only 18 months old, broke yesterday. So, this morning I called the Sears home repair line, to schedule an appointment to fix it. The customer representative on the phone, Cameron, had a wonderful, dreamy voice. It was soothing, and even. Cameron also proved to be an articulate and helpful service rep. too, a rarity in this day and age.

I knew our phone time together was rapidly drawing near to the end and I wanted to let Cameron know that I considered him a rare jewel and a Prince among men. I casually remarked, "Oh, you have such a superb speaking voice, especially over the phone". To which, Cameron replied, "I've often been told that. Thank you very much". Thinking that I would make his day even sunnier, I just had to add, "With a voice and personality combination like yours, perhaps you would have a bright future in broadcasting". After a moment of hesitation and a clearly audible sigh, Cameron told me flatly, and a little sarcastically, "I've already tried that, and I failed miserably".

Man, I felt like such an azz for the remainder of the day, today.

2 comments:

White Man Retarded said...

What does Hector think of Cameron?

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Papi and I have an open agreement when it comes to customer service representatives. We both feel secure enough in our marriage to bring in others with sexy phone voices. What's said on the Sears home repair line, stays on the Sears home repair line, if you know what I mean. (that is until I blogged about it)

miss biotech, I revel in the misery of others. For a true infidel like me, this was a funny story!