- "Don't do that, or you'll go blind!"
- "Always put on clean underwear when you leave the house in case you get into an accident."
- "Don't pet stray animals or you'll get rabies."
- "Stop picking at yourself. You'll get a scar."
- "If you don't wear a brassiere, your boobs will hang down to your knees like the tribal ladies on the pages of a National Geographic magazine."
- "You have to sit out of the pool for 30 minutes after you eat or you'll get cramps and drown."
- "Don't talk to strangers or accept candy from them."
Monday, July 02, 2007
My Mom Says That Blogging Is Dangerous, And Stupid Too!
I used to regard every word that sprang forth from my mother's saintly mouth as the gospel truth ................. but not anymore. Mama always told me that I needed to exercise fiscal caution with my allowance because money doesn't grow on trees. However, the existence of a veritable orchard of Dollar Trees spread across these great United States proves her wrong. Very wrong. Then I started wondering where else she might have led me astray because my mom also told me: