Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thoughtfulness Begets Thoughtfulness....

Life has held some fairly bleak moments for us recently. I'm usually reticent to share too many personal details on my blog.......... especially when it pertains to things going wrong in my life. Let's just shorten a long sob story into the condensed version and say that despite my ingrained stoic nature and stiff upper lip, I completely fell apart on Monday. I made sure to hold on to my woeful blubbering until I was out working and away from my mini-Infidels first. I wanted to be like my namesake, Melissa Manchester, (I'm Melissa but I definitely have more to work with than a Man Chester) and follow her advice of "don't cry out loud, just keep it inside and learn how to hide your feelings" because I wouldn't want the mini-Infidels thinking their Mom Robot has actual emotions and stuff outside of nagging them. GASP! As I woke up on Tuesday morning, my birthday, I set forth to trod through another long working day of drudgery while fighting that sinking "Spinning Wheels" feeling.......and then something amazing happened.

YOU!
I never expected so many people I've met through the bloggy thing to be so charitable and kind.
Both Carrot Jello and Bee wrote glowing posts dedicated to me for my birthday. That sort of loveliness always makes me sniffle a little.

And then Jean Knee called bright and early just to sing to me and let me know that she sent a hand-painted present that should arrive on the date of my other birthday. See, just a short Mr. Rogers trolley ride away into the Land Of Make-Believe my birthday actually falls on May 22nd.

Carrot Jello called to sing to me too in her very best Ethel Merman voice. She promised that she had just jumped out of a gigantic birthday cake with my name scrawled across it. Millie just "Called To Say, I Love You." No, not really. But she did call to wish me a Happy Birthday.

Tori sent me a really fun birthday card. So did Sodak Angel. Thanks, ladies!

UPDATE:
AUBREY!!!! sent the most delish pair of orange polka-dotted, multi-purpose gloves. I just got them today. Now what to do with them first? Should I garden, wash dishes, slap my kids around with them......Oooooohh, I know, I'm going to blog with them on. THANKS AUBREY!

And now I'd like to return some of the birthday mojo happiness given to me:
You need to go and wish these lovely ladies a Happy Birthday also:
AUBREY (May 22)
SODAK ANGEL (May 22)
NO COOL STORY (May 28)
JEAN KNEE (May 31)

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED YESTERDAY. IT REALLY DID MEAN A LOT TO ME. YOU SINGLE-HANDEDLY PULLED ME OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS SWAMP!
I have to work all day again today but I'll be seeing you all soon. Meanwhile, I dedicate this song to all of you who made me so very happy. :)

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS- You Made Me So Very Happy

28 comments:

Unknown said...

"You just call out my name and you know wherever I am, I'll come running..."

Awww... I hate to imagine you sad. Chins up, you are loved!

Unknown said...

First! Ha!

Tori :) said...

YAY!

Randi said...

I'm so glad your day was better! And you know, you're allowed to have a bad day occasionally. Even on your blog!
We'll still love ya.

Elizabeth-W said...

Glad you're perking up. :)

aubreyannie said...

i'm glad everyone was able to cheer you up on your birthday and let you know you're loved! i'm sorry my gift didn't arrive in time. ..i really thought i timed it just right. drat.

and thanks for linking to me for my birthday. you are wonderful!

Hilary said...

Glad to hear that you're re-smiling.

Carrot Jello said...

There there little burro. *pat* *pat*

nikko said...

Aw, man! Clearly I need to check the GMG list more often. I can't believe I forgot your birthday.

Hope today is a better day for you!

:o)

Alice said...

Awww...stay strong girl. You're awesome!

KissyKissySmoochyHug

Lori said...

Awww hun...I've been in the doldrums for monthes now. You just keep moving forward and wait until it all goes away.
HUGSSSSSSSSSSS

P.S. Think about all the happiness you have brought those of us participating in the Soxy Exchange too... :)

Super Happy Girl said...

Awwwww.
Glad you had a happy birthday and that so many peeps showed you bloggy love :D

Super Happy Girl said...

Ohhh! And thanks for the shout out!
:E

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now! I am late in the birthday good mail, but it did get sent today... before I read this post...and I got my sox sent off too! :)

omar said...

Happy belated birthday!

I sent you a new car, did you get it? I told the guy to deliver it to Melissa in Houston. It'll probably be there any day now...

I'm glad you're out of the swamp!

Jean Knee said...

Your package should be arriving today, I hope on one else got you the same thing

Lisa said...

I would have called, but I don't know your number.

I would have sent you a gift, but I don't know your address.

I would have....just kidding.

Sorry things have been suckish lately. Glad there was some bloggy happiness for you!!!

And I think every one of the blogs I read is a May birthday! Wow! That's gotta mean something. Plus I married a May birthday. :)

Christy said...

I have nothing to offer except my ever-so-clever comments (ha) but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You bring joy and laughter to our lives... thanks!

Rhonda Sloan said...

NCS and I have the same birthday...right down to the year! Of course, she is the cuter, skinnier twin. :)

Millie said...

Sweaty hugs for you!!!!

Bee said...

Well you deserve recognition! If I were mayor of your town, I'd give you the key to the city! It is a well known fact that the key to the city is in actuality a SKELETON KEY.

Might come in handy when you want
to *borrow* somebody's lawn mower.

Bee said...

Notice how I said *town* and *city*? I grew up amongst gorrilas.
We's ineducated

carrie said...

Dang, I missed your Birthday but, I want you to know that I love you like a sister. Happy Belated Birthday.

Nancy Face said...

I'm glad you got lots of birthday love! I wish I'd known sooner...anyway, you'll get our little package in a few days! HUGS! :)

Klin said...

Happy Birthday. I didn't even know. What kind of blog acquaintance doesn't even know it is your birthday. One who is a dork and in the middle of selling a house. Lame excuse, I know. It's all I've got.

Happy Birthday dear Infidel. Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!

Sister Pottymouth said...

Damn. I missed it. I hope you had a very lovely birthday, my friend! (Without any Naked Nuts....)

SoDak Angel said...

Ah....EWL....did you get my chili dog singing telegram I sent? He should be a knocking any time now....unless he got lost....might be lost, nobody likes a old chili dog....if he hasn't made it by now, you probably don't want him coming....poor fella.

Anonymous said...

Hey. You know me. It wouldn't be me if I weren't late to the party.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

CW